This is a pretty standard project for decopauging. I could have got fancier, as with my journal page and made a landscape, but this jar had lots of nooks and crannies and I decided to keep things simple. I tore about 3/4 of sheet into large strips to start with. This way, I could glue a few large strips down, and then tear the pieces into the sizes I needed to fill in.
I wanted some kind of flow around the jar. I had more green than any other color, so I decided to aim for some kind of diagonal flow with green for each side of the jar. With this in mind I glued the dark reds down. I liked the flowers on the dark red pieces, so I kept one large piece to use as a focal point on this side.
These next two sides were trickier because of the indentations. They were also a good test of the 'wrinkle-free'-ness of the Decopatch paper. I had to re-adjust a few times to wrap around the corners, but it all came out nice and smooth.
I was getting pretty low on the green and didn't want to tear anymore, so I used the black to create my flow on this side.
My pen jar looks so much more elegant now, but I still kinda want some Toasted Coconut Cashews!