Journal52: How Does Your Garden Grow #Journal52 #ArtJournaling #ArtJournal

I decided to experiment with the thirteenth Journal52 prompt.

I'm not much of a gardener.  I much prefer drawing and painting flowers to growing them. Nonetheless, I had some new brush pens to try out (which I hope to review sooner or later) and I decided to give them a go.

My brush pens were in spring colors, but I wanted to bring my black thumb into it, because that black thumb is just so me.  I used my Pilot New Brush pen to outline the flowers.  I knew the Pilot pen ink was not waterproof, but it was even less waterproof than I realized.

I could hardly add the other color without getting the black into it, so there's lot of white space here, and all told, my garden is a hot mess.

But I always try to dwell on things I like about a piece, rather than the things I don't.  After all, the the things I like are the things I want to remember--the elements that will improve future work.

So, first off--I think the overall sense of light, the darker colors next to lighter colors, the smeary grayish tones give the impression of a garden just after a heavy rain.  I like the base drawing, and I like the way the puffy white flowers came out.

I've learned how I can gray-out the colors from these pens, and that will come in handy from time to time.

So how does my garden grow?  It needs a little weeding, but it grows just fine.


Comments

  1. I think it looks like something you'd see in an art museum in N.Y. As in, it looks like fine art and not a hot mess. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment