Journal52: Prompt 17--Refresh #Journal52 #ArtJournal #Zentangle

I wasn't sure if this spread was done.  I thought I might want to add to that large area, but after a few weeks, it stills feels 'finished'.  Why did I feel this was 'refreshing'?  My wrist has been sore for several months now, and I've had to limit my Zentangle.  It was refreshing to do a little even though it hurt.  I guess this is what they mean when they say a little pain is good for the soul!


Sorry, I didn't have my camera with me to take photos of the process but if it helps:

1.  This was a page where I had slapped on left-over paint from another project.  Mostly drips and small blobs.
2.  I painted entire spread with Shock Lt Yellow Montana Marker acrylic paint.
3. I placed a stencil down and painted over with Daler-Rowney Metallic Brown acrylic paint.
4. I took a plastic knife and ran the serrated edge across both pages.
5. I added bits of left-over paper adhesive drywall tape that I had painted for another project.
6.  I used a black .05 Pigma Micron pen to do the line work.
7.  I added highlights with a Sakura White Gellyroll pen.  I also 'grayed' out the columns by drawing stripes with the same pen and then smearing the ink with my finger.
8.  I added a few touches of red with a Wink of Stella Glitter marker.

Comments