For Marie: Untangling an example from 'Totally Tangled'

Marie asked if I could untangle one of the examples on Page 8 of Sandy Bartholomew's book, 'Totally Tangled'.  I asked Sandy for permission, which she gave, so I'm giving it a whirl--or actually a swirl, lol!

This pattern has a lot in common with the official tangle, Hurry.  Instead of straight lines, you are using curved ones, and you are emphasizing the curves.

I'm keeping it simple, using an 'S' shape with three repetitions, as a base.  When you get used to this pattern though, you'll be doing longer swirls with more curves and labyrinth-like twists.  I hope this helps, Marie!



I used an 'S' to make the instructions simpler, but you can use any shape, or just random squiggles.  Here is an example, using the shape of the letter 'M'.

Comments

  1. Wow!!! You have the gift of simplifying a convolutedly intricate pattern and making it easy for an eager student like me to follow. Thank you so very much. I was looking forward to this "untangled pattern" but nothing could beat this pleasant surprise. You are awesome and your generosity with your creativity speaks so much of your inner beauty. I hope you just keep on sharing because the cycle of having a big heart is never ending yet extremely gratifying. I am off to start zentangling with these new patterns :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment