More on List of Who's Who

Re: the list of Who's Who, after considerable dinking around yesterday, and observing the type of information that I was getting from people, it occurred to me that it might be easier to start a blog, just for this list.  I did, entering only my name for now. 

Who's Where in Zentangle

Before I go much further I wanted a little input.  Can anyone see a reason why this isn't a good idea? 

My reasoning:
It won't be as difficult to find as a list on my LifeImitatesDoodles Blog.
Each person would have their own post.  They can have as much or as little info as they like.
I can add a search function so people can easily look for a specific person.
I could add tags if people want, like CZT or ETSY so people could look for people with that designation.  (People will have to ask for the tags they want).
I can paste what people send me, directly into the blog instead of typing it up.
If there is a correction or question people can comment under the person's name.
I won't be limited to straight text without formatting or having to learn a bunch of new stuff just to get started.

I did put Zentangle in the title, though I'm not going to be a gorilla about whether people do much zentangling.  I just don't want to end having the entire world decide to post their names here, lol.

If there is something I didn't think about that makes this a bad idea, please let me know.  If I don't hear any nays, I'll set this up something next week.

Comments

  1. Very good idea! It`s a simply and practicable resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound idea, still would need moderation, but less work overall :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if you want some help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - it's an excellent idea and yes, probably would require some oversight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sandra, that's an even more brilliant idea! This has the element of control (only one person is adding the posts - ie. you) as well as feeling like something that we are all a part of. When you've figured out what format you'd like information to arrive in, let us know, and I'm sure it'll come pouring in. Count me in!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, its your idea, and I am happy to be a part of the idea, but I would always respect your decisions on the format, etc. Please do what is easiest for YOU, first, so you can keep tanglin' as much as you have in the past!
    Holly, CZT-4

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since you're doing all the work -- anything you decide to do is appreciated by me. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If this works better for you than a page on your website I'm all for it! I appreciate your remarks about accuracy, ease of editing, etc. and appreciate that it will still require moderation and upkeep. Please let me know if there's any assistance I can offer you in maintaining this if you decide this is the best way to go. I'm open to whatever resource listing is easiest for you (especially since, as Holly says, I want to continue to see your art in abundance!), and am happy to offer myself to help in any way you deem fit. Thanks again for the great idea! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I signed in and hope, it will not be too much work for you. I thing it's worth trying and see how it works (for you!!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What do you think about adding the Country one lives in?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ildi, I thought about adding the country because it might be nice for people to search on. But I decided it was probably best not to have any personal information. With so many (hopefully) people listed, fraud harvesters might use such information. I decided to try and stay way, way on the safe side of things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment