Link: Yet Another Web Dictionary-Yawiktionary

Those of you who follow my blog know that I love words, the more obscure, the better.  I use the Phrontistery to find names for many of my tangle patterns.

Today I discovered the Yawiktionary (Yet Another Web Diktionary).  It gets right to the nitty-gritty, having almost nothing in the way of a home page.  You are presented with an A thru Z set of links. When you click on a letter, you get a list of words starting with that character--all pretty standard for a web dictionary.

But the list of words includes some unusual ones.  You are given Braille and sign language translations and some words have a sound pronunciation (it doesn't work for all of them.

With words like zamietess and gangurru to lure me in, I know I'll be visiting this dictionary often!

Comments