New Tangle Pattern Geer #One

I like Steampunk.  All the gears and intricate designs attract me--sort of the same thing that draws me to zentangle, lol.  I'm not sure why it didn't occur to me before, but I've decided to try and come up with some tangle patterns that are based on gears.  Whether you like Steampunk or not, these tangles should add a little spice and mystery to your zentangles.

Use dots to indicate where the lines around the circles will stop and start if you need to.  I usually draw the top and bottom lines first, then the lines at the top sides, and lastly the bottom sides.  When drawing step 4, the lines should stop and start around the middle of the 5-sided spaces, but don't forget to leave the gaps!




This pattern was drawn in one Geneviève Crabe's zentangle organizers.  If you are interested in ordering one, you can find them at her blog.  Organizer Order Page.  Journal 2012 Order Page.

Comments