Dragonette and Stillman & Birn

A while back I received a couple of Stillman & Birn Gamma Series sketchbooks in the 11x14 inch (27.9 x 35.6 cm) size.  I've been itching to use them but other commitments kept me from it.

I'm commitment free at the moment (wow! How did that happen!) so I've been wallowing in the fantastic freedom of such a large size and such glorious paper!  The only downside is that the paper is too large to scan and it's difficult to get good photos (me be camera-challenged...I'm challenged in many ways.  Keeps life interesting, lol!)


I started with my Dylusion Sprays (after wrapping the edges of the journal with painter's tape so the spray wouldn't get all over!).

Then I stamped up my Viva Las VegaStamps! Harlequin Diamond Background - 18920 with Vintage Photo distress ink and stamped here and there to add a little texture.

I used a Marvy Le Plume Technical pen for the Zentangle®-inspired line drawing, and a Faber-Castell White Big Brush for white.  It has a slightly transparent quality, so you keep layering it until you get the level of opaqueness that you want.

You know, I had a little trouble adjusting to the size--it was so good to spread out.  You never realize how much you limit yourself when you stick to one or two sizes of paper.  I did a little better with the next one...but that's for another post!



Comments

  1. Love it!!!!I to find that size great to work on but hard to photo.great art work. g.a.s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way it came out...I really want to play with the white coloring..love how it pops..beautiful piece

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment