Rhodia Journal Swap and Tattered Angels Antique Hickory

I've had one of the Tattered Angels Antique Hickory Paint system kits for a while now, and have been looking for the chance to use it.  I decided to give it a try for one of my Rhodia Journal Swap pages.

The left side of this spread was done with distress ink pads, and on the the right I used the kit.  The image was stamped using the Viva Las VegaStamps! Griffin Wall Sconce Item 5741 Plate 594. 

 Unfortunately, the glazes in the kit made the page very glossy.  The scan makes it looks like the page is rippled and the stamping very hazy and it isn't.  Just the way the light picked up the page, darn it!

I was able to get a slightly clearer photo of part of the page using a camera, but mostly you'll have to take my word for it.  The Faux wood effect is pretty cool!

If you follow the kit directions and heat dry at the right time you are supposed to get some crackling, but I couldn't find my heat tool.  Still, I really like the faux wood effect, and it has a lovely texture to the touch.


Some of the color bled through to the back of the page, so I decided to make a faux wood bleedthrumanade!  I finished off the color on the back side of the page with distress inkpads (as well as the right side page) and stamped the image using Viva Las VegaStamps! Nautical Collage Item 19016 Plate 890.  Then I added a bit more distress stain and Faber-Castell Stamper's Big Brush in white to get the ripply water effect.

I definitely want to play around some more with the Tattered Angels paint system, and even though it's a heavy medium, the Rhodia paper held up quite well!

Comments