Creating Art at the Speed of Life' - Day 13 & 14 #PamCarriker #ArtAtTheSpeedOfLife #ArtJournaling

I sorta hadda show Lessons 13 and 14 together.

Lesson 13 was Cutouts & Cutaways.  The page was cut in places to create doors, and when opened....

....you see part of the next page.  This lesson was fun.  The buttons I used to hold the shutters closed have a removable clip, so I can take them out until I finish the journal.  That way I won't have to fight the bulge they leave.


 Lesson 14 was Building Character.

Two things happened with this lesson, that I didn't plan.  One, I was selecting and cutting out my collage items when I was away from home, and didn't have Pam's book with me.  After I got home, I realized I was supposed to use black & white copies, and cut the items into squares or shapes rather than trim around the lines.

I didn't want to start over, so I went with what I'd already prepared.  I'll try to use this lesson's technique in a later lesson.


The second thing that happened was that the page looks like a political statement.  My gal looks a little bit 'barefoot' and pregnant', and she's busting out of a traditional-official-type building. Even when I was writing the text, I didn't realize it (I think because I was working on Lesson 13 at the same time, and concentrating on the logistics of what the doors would show).  The next day, I did a bit of a double-take.  Was this subconcious or just serendipity?  I don't know, but I like it.

Comments