'Creating Art at the Speed of Life' - Day 8 #PamCarriker #ArtAtTheSpeedOfLife #ArtJournaling

I did a lot of substitution for this project.  I didn't have water-soluble graphite, so I used a regular 2B pencil.  I didn't have tracing paper so I used deli-wrap paper (translucent vellum, translucent rice (silk tissue paper), and possibly-napkins or tissue wrap would work as well).

I had a notepad with a raised picture of a building, so I used it for the rubbing, and then glued the tracing, graphite side down, using gel medium.


This was actually completed 4 or 5 days ago, and coming back, I like the writing better.  Maybe I'm just getting used to it now.  While I did like the background, deciding to leave it mostly blank on the left side, now I think I'd like to add more.

That's the beauty of art journaling.  A piece is never truly done.  You can keep adding to your heart's content.  However, I want to get as many pages semi-complete as possible before I report for jury duty next week, so I'll come back to this later as time allows.

Comments

  1. I like to journal and there is no right or wrong way. Sorry about JD, did mine and they made me the Forman. Aghhhh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no right or wrong way, true. But analyzing what you like or don't like with an eye to improving. As long as you concentrate on what you like as much as what you don't like.

      I sure hope I don't become foreman! I've been called for a specific trial, and the last two times that happened they were murder trials. I didn't get on either jury, thankfully. I know someone has to do it, and I show up dutifully, but, boy, do I breath a sigh of relief if I don't get chosen.

      Delete

Post a Comment