Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Creative Destruction Day Eight- Solar Flares in Rust

This page was destroyed twice.  I don't remember what it originally was, just that I really didn't like it.  I covered it over with black gesso.  Then I decided I wanted to play with the rust effect that I ended up using on the cover.

I added a layer of Golden's Micaceous Iron Oxide, and when it dried, I sponged on teal, transparent red oxide, Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold and Quinacridone Burnt Orange acrylic paint.

The patterns were added with Glaze Orange and Stardust Lime-star gellyroll pens.

Winsor & Newton Prize Package Review #WorldWatercolorGroup #Doodlewash #Winsor&Newton

July was World Watercolor Month and Charlie O’Shields at Doodlewash ® helped watercolor artists celebrate by hosting several giveaways durin...