At Last! I conquered the St-Armand! #St-Armand #Watercolor #RoughWatercolorPaper

I've been struggling with this St-Armand Watercolor paper.  It's a very rough textured, extremely absorbent paper and I've found it difficult to work with.

But as often as not, challenging paper isn't bad paper.  It's just challenging.  You have to learn how to use it.  With this piece, I felt I used it to advantage, getting brighter colors and with lots of dry brushing to get texture from the rough surface.

This happens to be the last piece of this paper that I have.  I'm debating whether to buy more.  Probably I won't just because I have quite a bit of paper already.  I'll certainly keep it in mind though because it might be just the right paper for certain subjects.


Comments

  1. Really pretty piece. This is the time of year when I wish I had a place like this to take a quiet walk and reflect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It gets harder and harder to find places like this anymore, and I think we suffer because of that.

      Delete

Post a Comment