Journal52 Prompts 6 & 7-Kind of #Journal52 #SaveConstantine #Stillman & Birn

I'm late! I'm late!

It's been a busy year so far, and I fell farther behind with my Journal52 prompts than I ever have before.  I'm almost caught up, so you'll see lots of Journal52 prompts this week.  No write-ups for my process though.  Sorry. Just no time.  I'm not sure anyone would have been that interested anyway.

The last prompt I posted, #5 was Television.  This is relevant because it inspired what I did for the next prompt.  For #5, I used my favorite TV Show Constantine, having the Hellblazer comic book character that inspired it watching himself on TV.  That would have been the end of it, except a Hellblazer fan commented with this "A from behind shot of John watching it in the window of a shop in the pissing rain at night would fit the tone of Hellblazer'.

And then prompt # turned out to be windows!  Now, one of the powers, if you will, of the Hellblazer character is that he travels a synchronicity highway, where events lead him to the right place at the right time.  Everything seemed to be telling me that I needed to do another Hellblazer painting for the Windows prompt.

So I did.  Whew!  I've tried to keep things simple in my Journal52 book, but this one wasn't. I'd like to revisit the idea one of these days when I'm less busy and ready to spend more time on it.  I spent about 45 minutes planning this, and about 45 minutes painting it.


Prompt #7 was Valentines.  I wasn't feeling it.  Really wasn't.  So I decided to do another windows response, keeping more to the simplicity I've been shooting for.  I used scrapbook paper for the siding and window frame.  A brown Sharpie for the outline, and a black one for the shadows.  I folded up a piece of clear vellum into an accordion pleat for the curtains, and then used an unfolded piece of clear vellum for the window.  It's nicely 3D and only took about 10 minutes to do.

Comments

  1. You really captured the tone of Hellblazer... WOW! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really enjoyed painting it. I need to try something like this again taking more time and going a bit larger than 6x6, though.

      Delete

Post a Comment