Practice, practice, practice. More truth than poetry #Zentangle #Zendoodle #ZentangleInspiredArt

Wow. I can't believe how quickly I've lost the sense of flow between hand and brain and pen or paint.  I suppose it does me good to feel this once in a while, because it reminds me how frustrating it can be for someone new to drawing or painting.

It isn't a matter of how good the finished piece is.  It's that meditative flow where you aren't so conscious of how you're using your tools.  The movement and technique often just seem to flow without much thought and there's a feedback-- you put something down and it inspires what you do next.  When you don't do this kind of thing almost daily though, you lose it.

But, if I get back into my daily routine, the flow will come back quickly enough.

Ohto Graphic Liner Needle Point Drawing Pen in a Rhodia Landscape Webnotebook.


Comments

  1. I'm one of those new to drawing and I appreciate this post. It just hit me what meditative drawing is about. I don't know why I haven't seriously understood in all these months, but I do now, thanks to your heart speaking. Thank you Sandra. It's my birthday today and no one could have given me a better gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have a fantastic birthday!

      I'm glad my words were understood. It's something I've often tried to express and not been, so it isn't just me -- you were open to understanding, and that's a gift to me as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment