Tsuru Bridge Revisited #Watercolor

This was supposed to be another idealized painting, using photos from my plein air session at Gresham Main Park, and trying out some different colors.  I got caught up with that bridge again though, and lost sight of the 'idealized' portion of the painting.



Eventually, I just covered up the bridge for the most part.  I didn't mean to but the Quinacridone Rose was more opaque than I expected it to be.

I'll try this one again in the not too distant future.  I can tell I'm working some things about in the far distant reaches of my brain and if I keep at it, I'll end up with something stellar.  Someday.


Comments

  1. Lovely piece. Someday I hope to have the time to branch out from tangling to work on other mediums. Enjoy seeing the things that you post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had to back off from Zentangle a bit because of wrist problems. Painting doesn't cause me as much pain as drawing. But I do love learning the many techniques possible with watercolor.

      Delete
  2. Lovely, as usual but as artists, we are our own worst critic? I too love seeing your work and you are right about Zentangle affecting the wrist. Keep enjoying the process, because your work inspires us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think part of the criticism comes because if you want to improve you do have to decide what you like and don't like about what you are doing. If you aren't careful that analysis becomes dissatisfaction instead of true critique. It's a fine balance to tred.

      Delete

Post a Comment