Journal52 Prompt 43: Focus - My Take #Watercolor #Journal52 #StillmanAndBirn

Inspired by last week's watercolor class in Line and Wash, I decided to go for a different take on the latest Journal52 prompt: Focus.

I started drawing my lines, and focused on the result until I saw something forming.  Okay.  I'll admit it.  That's not so different for me, lol!  Half my stuff starts out that way.


It didn't take long before I saw the wings of Phoenix appearing.  I decided to give him something to focus on and mixed up my mythology a bit.  So my Phoenix is after the Golden Apple of the Norse Gods.  Now in that mythology, the golden apples are the source of the gods' immortality.  Perhaps, the Phoenix is looking to extend his current life a little longer before he burns and is reborn.  Or maybe he focused on the apple because he was just hungry.

I used a J. Herbin Creapen Brush Pen for the linework, and Quiller Permanent Orange, Cadmium Yellow Light, Phthalocyanine Turquoise and M Graham Ultramarine Violet in a Stillman & Birn Beta sketchbook.

Comments