More Poured Paint #Watercolor #KDAllegriClasses #Strathmore

I wasn't able to take Kathy Delumpa Allegri's Spring Watercolor session, but she allowed me to sit in on the first day of class.  It was one of those serendipity things--I'd just started playing with pouring paint, and realized that was the subject of her class that day.

She introduced the idea of using eyedroppers to drop rather than actually pouring the paint in smaller areas.  Much less messy and it gives you more control.

This piece started as a value study in pen, and then I poured the paint, wetting the area I wanted, drying it with a hair dryer, and then moving to the next area.  I did finish it up with a brush in a few areas.  The white is areas of the paper left unpainted, and in a couple of places, punched up with white gel pen.


Comments