Starling-Week 11 of '52 Weeks of Watercolour Birds' #52WeeksOfWatercolourBirds #Watercolor #Lukas

The official Week 11 bird (as opposed to the birds I choose to keep the flow going) for the '52 Weeks of Watercolour Birds' event was Starling.

I really wish I had some iridescent watercolors when painting birds like this.  It's almost impossible to capture that sheen Starlings have without them.



This bird was painted using Lukas watercolors in the Global Art Materials Field Watercolor Artist Journal Hand Book, 7 by 10-Inch that I'm using for the '52 Weeks of Watercolour Birds'.

Comments

  1. Hello. Have you thought about adding a little iridescent medium in with your watercolours? Would only be teeny tiny bit as it's thick, but it should work xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good suggestion. I do have this on my wishlist, but in the past felt it wasn't something I'd use too often (or would end up using more often than I should, lol). With doing the birds though, I should probably spring for some.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment