Flamingo Fancy #Week 34 of '52 Weeks of Watercolor Birds' #WorldWatercolorGroup #Mijello #52WeeksOfWatercolorBirds

Turns out the Red Orange (P073) in the Mijello Mission Gold Pure Pigment Watercolor Set, is a perfect flamingo pigment.  I used glazes of the Permanent Rose (PV19) for the cooler, lighter shadows, and  mixes of Permanent Rose and Cerulean Blue (which would be Phthalo Blue (PB15:3) in other brands) for the purple and dark shadow colors.

The grass was Bamboo Green (PG36) with glazes of Permanent Yellow Light (PY154).  I also glazed the lightest part of the bird's neck and back with this color.

The water was painted with mixes of the Bamboo Green, Cerulean Blue and Permanent Yellow Light.

I think I may do a series of flamingoes, or something of the like that lets me use more of these colors.


I used Silver Black Velvet Brushes Round size 6 and size 16.

This bird was done in the Global Art Materials Field Watercolor Artist Journal Hand Book, 7 by 10-Inch that I'm using for the '52 Weeks of Watercolour Birds'.

My reference photo came from the Morguefile archive.

Comments