52 Weeks of Watercolor Painting 2017 No. 5 #Watercolor #52WeeksOfWatercolorPainting #StillmanAndBirn

I don't know about you but I'm ready for something sunny.  So February's painting for my '52 Weeks of Watercolor Painting' are going to be of sunflowers.

This is another quick study.  It took around 1/2 hour. I used my Fabart Deersfoot Stippler for the seeds and it works wonderfully for that.  The background and initial petal colors were put down with a Silver Black Velvet Round Size 16, and the rest was done with a new brush to me - a Dynasty Black Gold Dagger Striper 3/8 inch.  I really liked the Fabart Dagger striper but wanted something larger so I ordered this one.  I like it a lot, but it will take a little getting used to, so my strokes are a little wobbly.

Pigments used were Winsor Newton Lemon Yellow, Winsor Purple, Ultramarine Blue, Qor Transparent Pyrrole Orange and Sennelier Cinereous Blue.


My reference Photo came from Pixabay.

I'm using a Stillman and Birn 9x12 Beta series wirebound sketchbook for all my '52 Weeks of Watercolor Paintings 2017'.

Comments