52 Weeks of Watercolor Painting 2017 No. 7 #Watercolor #52WeeksOfWatercolorPainting #StillmanAndBirn

Well, this weeks painting was a fight.  I was trying out yet another new brush - a Winsor Newton Sceptre Gold II.  Immediately, I didn't like the feel of it.  The ferrule (the metal band that keeps the bristles in) seemed like it was moving with each stroke.

Then I noticed a hair in the painting - and another - and yeah, I sent that puppy back.

Meanwhile, though, I managed to smear what I'd done while trying to remove the hairs.  While trying to repair the damage,  I managed to lose some of my glowing color, so I decided it just go with an end of summer fading look.  Sunshine fading away before we even get any.  *sigh*

I'm not totally unhappy with the finished painting, but it is a lot muddier than I'd planned.  Fingers crossed for next week.



My reference Photo came from Pixabay.

I'm using a Stillman and Birn 9x12 Beta series wirebound sketchbook for all my '52 Weeks of Watercolor Paintings 2017'.

Dynasty Gold 3/8 inch Dagger brush and Fabart Deersfoot stippler after the failure with a Winsor Newton Sceptre Gold II.  Mijello Mission Gold watercolors.

Comments