You Want It, But Can't Find It #Hahnemühle_USA #ArtSupplies #Watercolor

So many products out there.

Did you know that many stores - both local and online - often carry items that they don't list or display?  How are you supposed to know that?

So you've heard good things, read lots of reviews but you go to your brick'n mortar store or shop online and you can't find the product you're looking for ... even if the store actually has them!

What can you do?   ASK!

Stores hesitate to buy new product unless they see the demand.  Even then, they often buy small amounts and don't display or list them (I know.  Doesn't make sense to me either). So, the moral of this post? ASK!

The employee at your local store probably won't know. Far better to contact their customer service by email or phone.  Look up the product you are interested in, and give them as much information as possible.

If you aren't sure how to find customer service, look for the store on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. If they don't know the answer there, they'll tell you who to ask.


This is also a good way to find out how good the customer service is at your store before you buy.  If they ignore your question or hesitate to make a special order, you might want to look elsewhere for your shopping needs.

And even if you decide not to special order - if enough people are asking, then the store will stock the product.

This doesn't just apply to art supplies, either.

I'll put in a plug for Wet Paint Art.  I have no affiliation with them, but they have excellent customer service, and I buy from them as often as I can. For instance, I recently special-ordered a block of Hahnemühle Turner Cold Pressed Watercolor from them. I got a response the same day I asked if they carried the paper.  They didn't but were more than happy to special order, no extra charge. I had my paper in about two weeks, and it had to come from overseas, too. 

Good customer service goes a long way with me!


Comments