© All images and text remain the copyright of Sandra Kay Strait.

Feel free to print, share or use my tangle patterns. Credit is not necessary, but you may not copy & claim the step outs as your own. You may not alter or use any other images in this blog without express permission from myself.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Zenny Snowman-Example art


Zenny Snowman
Originally uploaded by Focus_

You wouldn't look at this and say zentangle, but it is zentangle-integrated. Marta Myska has used the tangles 'Keeko', 'Wadical', 'Striping', and my pattern 'Lacy' to create a fantastic, whimiscal snowman.

Patterns are everywhere. Zentangles reduce the world to abstract pattern, but tangles can also be used to create a very realistic drawing.
More of Marta's work can be found at her Flickr site.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Sandra! That is so cool! She did a great job! I want this for next years Christmas card! I need to do some "googling" of zentangle as I don't really know much about it at all! It sounds like such an interesting art form and I certainly love the work you are doing in the medium!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    My work is more zendoodle than zentangle, though I use the zentangle method. I have a post with links that explain what a zentangle is: http://lifeimitatesdoodles.blogspot.com/2010/01/what-is-zentangle-how-does-it-differ.html
    I'd love to see what you do with the form!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool !! Thanks Sandra for all that you are doing here ! Please chack out my blogspot when you get time. I jut started it last night so not much but a story there so far !

    ReplyDelete