© All images and text remain the copyright of Sandra Kay Strait.

Feel free to print, share or use my tangle patterns. Credit is not necessary, but you may not copy & claim the step outs as your own. You may not alter or use any other images in this blog without express permission from myself.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Got a zentangle kit? Would you tell me about it for a review?

I'm intending to do a review of the Zentangle kit, and I'd like to hear from people who have used them.  I'm interested in knowing what you liked or did not like.  Please let me know what level of experience you had before starting to zentangle.  This isn't to judge your answer, but to help me break down my review for beginners, intermediate and experienced artists. I feel each will get something different from the kit.

Thank you for any help you give me.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I bought the kit about a year or so ago and was really excited when I got it... I couldn't wait to watch the video and practice the patterns. I had no experience at all with lettering or doing patterns, so this was really new to me. I thought it would be great for the swaps I do on WetCanvas. I still have the awesome box, have bought extra supplies this past year, more pens and a book by Suzanne O'Neill to get extra tangles. I have printed out all the newsletter tangles as they have come out and also now I have your wonderful website and many others with new tangles all the time. :) I carry the box with me in the car to do tangles while waiting for my son to get out of school. It's a great gift and so easy to do, but hard to master that 'perfect' look that some people (like you!) get from practicing so much. Hope this helps. PS.. I'm a mom of 4, and 48 yrs old.. been dabbling in art for many years, but I think I am going to concentrate more on this type of art as it is so simple, relaxing, and gives you a sense of satisfaction and completion when finished. I am grateful for Zentangles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rose. I already knew quite a bit about zentangling by the time I got the kit, but I still found it a thrill. It's such an elegant way to keep your art supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloha,
    I stumbledupon www.zentangle.com and was fascinated by the process developed by Rick and Maria. My husband purchased the kit for me as a Christmas gift. I am an artist of the spirit who practices Hawaiian string figures and creates art for healing. My approach to Zentangle was first of all as a moving meditation. I was not focused on creating a masterpiece but instead looking for the healing that Zentangle brings. I have shared this process with others and found that Zentangle creates a sense of self confidence in people who did not think they had the skill to be an artist. I have immersed myself in using Zentangle as part of my healing practice and have enjoyed the simplicity and quality of this healing ritual.

    ReplyDelete