Search This Blog


Thursday, April 29, 2010

For Marie: Untangling an example from 'Totally Tangled'

Marie asked if I could untangle one of the examples on Page 8 of Sandy Bartholomew's book, 'Totally Tangled'.  I asked Sandy for permission, which she gave, so I'm giving it a whirl--or actually a swirl, lol!

This pattern has a lot in common with the official tangle, Hurry.  Instead of straight lines, you are using curved ones, and you are emphasizing the curves.

I'm keeping it simple, using an 'S' shape with three repetitions, as a base.  When you get used to this pattern though, you'll be doing longer swirls with more curves and labyrinth-like twists.  I hope this helps, Marie!

I used an 'S' to make the instructions simpler, but you can use any shape, or just random squiggles.  Here is an example, using the shape of the letter 'M'.