© All images and text remain the copyright of Sandra Kay Strait.

Feel free to print, share or use my tangle patterns. Credit is not necessary, but you may not copy & claim the step outs as your own. You may not alter or use any other images in this blog without express permission from myself.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, May 28, 2010

My tangle pattern: Quatiny

Today's offering relies heavily on shading for a 3D look. You could do it without, but it looks so-o-o much cooler with. You can use this a border, or fill, or, if you look at my sample, you can see how to use it as a string.


5 comments:

  1. Very cool.. like the old lady that lived in a shoe! You have such talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this one - I can imagine some great tangles with it. Cheers Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gabriel ProductionsMay 30, 2010 at 5:15 AM

    I have page after page after page of Otopo, Quatiny and Kiwi. For perverse reasons, I have had a real need to use my fountain pens and I am still at that stage where wham, all of a sudden I drop my concentration and manage to make one huge glorious smear (ummm, a Bronx cheer would not be quite large enough, would require a North American cheer or somesuch) or a bunch of smears that would serve well in learning to do fingerprinting. I am the first to admit that one should not try to learn a new pattern, a new medium and shading in one fell swoop but having said that, I have passed a wonderful Saturday neck deep in ink and smears. I sat outside with my pens and inks and pencils and puppy and of course, my notebook opened to your blog. A fun time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool. I especially like the ribbony thing at upper right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all! Kimberly, consider getting a white gel pen, and when the smear dries, tangle over it with the white. It's one of my favorite methods of reclaiming a spot I don't like!

    ReplyDelete