My tangle patterns: Zahara and Link to patterns-Tasket & Hytingu

Sample with Zahara                                                        Sample with Hytingu

First off, Sandra Bartholomew posted a challenge to recreate one of the patterns,Tasket, that she discovered on her recent voyages. I'm not one to leave a challenge like that alone, and I did recreate it. And I'm not one   to leave a pattern alone, so I also came up with a variation, Hytingu. You can find both at Beez in the Belfrey.


Zahara, today's pattern, is another one of those that I have to consider a variation. The basis for it, is one of the first designs that many people come up with. I'm not sure if anyone has ever posted it as a pattern, though I'd be surprised if no one has. I believe I've given it a twist that makes it different enough to post as my own, and it fits the themes I've been working with lately--cactus and repetition.

Notice that unlike Marneriani the repetition in the pattern goes round and round, mandala style. But for your own variations, you could easily use the striping pattern alone without the triangular leaf shape, or you could add to one side to make this ropy and vine-like.




Comments