© All images and text remain the copyright of Sandra Kay Strait.

Feel free to print, share or use my tangle patterns. However, you may not alter or use any other images in this blog without express permission from myself.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, August 16, 2010

My tangle pattern: Zopetto

I got the idea for Zopetto from an artichoke. The leaves seemed like little heart, which I thought would delight many of you. I thought about naming it something like Arti-hearty, but then I discovered the word Zopetto. It's the word for some kind of Italian limping dance. No relation to what  my tangle is, but I love the sound. And hearts mean love, right?

If anyone out there is like me and loves odd words, I found this awesome dictionary at the Phronistery website. It has other awesome word related stuff-the names of unusual animals, numeric stuff, 2 & 3 letter scrabble words. I could spend hours there! 



2 comments:

  1. Gabriel ProductionsAugust 16, 2010 at 8:28 PM

    Italian limping dance???? Oh my. I want to do a bad limerick with Gepetto and Zopetto...Lovely lovely tangle as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my first thought too. The only thing I could come up with...

    There once was a dad named Gepetto,
    Who loved to dance the Zopetto,
    But, untimely mischance,
    A bad twist while he danced,
    He was turned from a bass to falsetto.

    ReplyDelete