© All images and text remain the copyright of Sandra Kay Strait.

Feel free to print, share or use my tangle patterns. However, you may not alter or use any other images in this blog without express permission from myself.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Zakuska's not just for drawing. You can eat it too!

When I titled one of recent patterns 'Zakuska', I did know that it was the word for an hors d'Ĺ“uvre, but I didn't know much beyond that.  

Imagine my delight when Ildiko, who lives in Romania, sent me a recipe!  It looks delicious!  I'd have to forego all but a little oil, but otherwise, this is a recipe I can and will use! 

For those who are like me (and need to look up 'Bain Marie'), a double-boiler is essentially a stove-top version of a Bain Marie. 

Ildiko is a talented zentangler as well as a cook.  She's just started a blog, Cukipok Doodles, for her zens.


Ildiko's recipe (Enjoy!):

the recipe is saying that we'll need:
10 grilled eggplants
30 pieces red pepper (chopped)
2 liter tomatoe juice(homemade would be great)
1 kg onion (chopped)
1 liter oil
salt(after your taste)

you frie the pepper then the onion in the oil than you add the tomatoe juice,eggplant and salt.stir it about 1 hour.put it while hot in glass jars and" bain marie" them 1 and half hour.

i put some newspaper at the bottom of container and also a cover it whit a lid.i hope it's understoodable :)

1 comment:

  1. hi Sandra,i just find out that chopped in this case is minsed (lol).
    and soon i will send to you the bean zakuska-my favorite yummmm

    ReplyDelete