Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, October 1, 2010

My tangle pattern: Frairum

Once upon a picture dreary, while I tangled weak and weary,
Over many an overused pattern of forgotten lore
While I plodded, kind of tangling, suddenly there came a banging,
As of ideas gently slamming, slamming against my brainpan door.
“Fancy these up,” I muttered,’ “they’ll be better than before.”
Only this, and then repeat them more.


So--take any old pattern--say the daisy that probably every doodler in the world chooses as his/her first doodle. Add a dash for decoration, a circle, a slash. Make some dark, make some light. Keep adding more on 'til you've got a bunch. And hey! That old overused pattern looks kind of nice.

It's sort of like making goulash. There isn't much in the house, so you fancy up what you've got.