© All images and text remain the copyright of Sandra Kay Strait.

Feel free to print, share or use my tangle patterns. Credit is not necessary, but you may not copy & claim the step outs as your own. You may not alter or use any other images in this blog without express permission from myself.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, December 24, 2010

My tangle pattern "Slalom"

The happiest of Holidays to everyone.  What with Simplicity challenges and the beginning of the New Year peeking around the corner, I thought today was a good one to give you a tangle that focuses on one of the most basic of designs.

An Ogee pattern?  You know, those in and out lines that make you think of a string of garlic bulbs -- only lots prettier and not nearly as stinky. 

If you are a designer of any kind you need to know the term Ogee.  But for us enthusiastic tanglers, the important thing is that they are awesome-looking, but they can be hard to do well.  I often look at my attempts and wish they were more even.

Well.  The answer to that is always - practice.  So I came up with an exercise for myself, and, hey! It was fun.  Kind of like finger skiing down the page.  And I think it looks cool too. 

So now it's a tangle, and you can spend these cold wintry mornings exercising with garlic bulbs.

7 comments:

  1. I love it! Safe and happy holidays to you and yours.

    And thank you for all you do for us Tanglers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely one! I always follow your inspiring art!
    Merry Christmas from Italy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this one - I need the practice to get the ins and outs even - always struggle with those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the title on this one! Thanks for sharing this and the directions for slalom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the lovely comments! I hope your Holidays have been wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra! gorgeous tangles as always !
    this one reminds me more of a scraper (maybe i spend too much time in the kitchen lol)i just wonder whats coming out the wholes...i love your spices !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra, what a wonderful tangle, yet so simpel with lots of possibilities. Thanks for sharing with us, zentangle-freaks lol

    ReplyDelete