© All images and text remain the copyright of Sandra Kay Strait.

Feel free to print, share or use my tangle patterns. Credit is not necessary, but you may not copy & claim the step outs as your own. You may not alter or use any other images in this blog without express permission from myself.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Weekly Challenge #3 "Eyes Wide Shut"

"Weekly challenge #3-Eyes Wide Shut"

I don't think this was as much of a challenge for me as it was for a lot of people.  For me, Zentangle has always been about surrendering to my muse, letting her take over instead of using my brain to force a drawing in the direction I wanted it to.

I've never actually closed my eyes before, but I often scatter dots around the page, and then just connect them willy-nilly.  In this case, drawing in a journal helped, because I could feel the edges, and didn't have the fear that I'd run off the page.  I did get a string that was a little shakier than normal, but as you can see from the completed zen below it, the shaky just blended right in.

I did a second one (but didn't have a chance to scan in the string before continuing).  This will be a good method of starting a zen on those days when I'm feeling as though my creative salts are all clumped up.