Search This Blog


Friday, February 4, 2011

A possible book illustration

I am working on a book, and right now I'm playing with ideas for the page layout. This or something very similar may be the sample art to illustrate how to build many elegant patterns off of a very simple pattern.
I've been wanting to try out Lumiere paints ever since I saw some of the zentangles that Betsi O'hara did with them. The metallic quality does cause some scanning problems though, so I'm not sure they'll be the best for this kind of work. I need to do some more research.

I have a litte 2-inch acrylic square that I placed on the page, and then painted around using 3 colors of Lumiere acrylic paint (which is actually a fabric paint). Then I tangle in the squares, and then added some yellow tombow brush pen to warm things up.