© All images and text remain the copyright of Sandra Kay Strait.

Feel free to print, share or use my tangle patterns. However, you may not alter or use any other images in this blog without express permission from myself.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, February 4, 2011

My tangle pattern "Biloxi"

Do you ever see a picture or a pattern and immediately have a word or place pop into your mind with no reason you can figure out?

This is a very common pattern, but I don't believe anyone has worked up tangle steps for it.  I know I've seen variations of it in quilts, and wall hangings and...theatre buildings.  Which is where my question above, and the title for this pattern comes. 

Whenever I see this pattern, I get a vision of a movie theatre with insets of this design around the marquee, and the word Biloxi pops into mind.  I did a google search on Biloxi theatre and came up with nothing to explain the image, so I'm guessing I got it from a movie or TV series or a picture book.  Anyone have any ideas where it might have come from?



4 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful :) can you tell me if there are links anywhere to the steps sheets like you use? I would love to print some of to have a go myself. many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I use several different template formats (mostly at whim) but you can find one of mine at Freehand Doodle patterns http://www.flickr.com/photos/aceo/4673165462/. I know a couple other people have posted blank templates, but I couldn't find a keyword that would bring them up in a search.

    Linda Farmer has several versions available at her Tanglepatterns.com website (it's got almost everything you could want when it comes to zentangles!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool I like this one, I am partial to geometrics!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete