© All images and text remain the copyright of Sandra Kay Strait.

Feel free to print, share or use my tangle patterns. However, you may not alter or use any other images in this blog without express permission from myself.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, April 25, 2011

Weekly Challenge #19-More Morris: My attempt

Laura Harms'  Weekly Challenge #19 was to do 'More Morris' using William Morris' technique of light on dark.  I decided to combine this with a save I needed to do, so I drug out my Pitt Fat Brush pen in Black and covered over work I'd done earlier in my Thick Lokta journal.  My black is running out of ink so I added some Sanguine to the background as well.  Then I used a Sakura white gellyroll.   I didn't cover as much as I usually do.  I kind of liked the textured effect that occurred as a result of the fading ink, and the heavy texture of the Lokta paper, so I left a lot of it showing.

6 comments:

  1. ooh, i love the layered look on this!! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the texture, too! And it's gorgeous how the Mooka mimics the knotwork - great art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Very* interesting effects. I think it works well

    ReplyDelete
  4. just gorgeous. only now i'm coveting big fat pitt pens. i always end up wanting more art supplies with you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, your texture works well, beaut!!

    ReplyDelete