My letraset markers arrived-review

I recently got a Letraset's Promarker Comic Art set 1, a Pentel Pocket Brush pen, and a new Pen & Ink Journal. Letraset markets their pens in 'themes', sets with color that work nicely with one another (no bickering or one-upmanship in these sets, lol). You get 10 Promarkers and a fineline black marker with the Comic Art Sets. 

I really like the range of colors, and, of course, now I want the other two sets, lol.  I’ll wait a bit, though, and play with my new toys for a while first.  My Tombows and Faber-Castell Pitt pens tend to have jewel like colors, and sometimes I want something less brilliant and more subtle.  I've found them.

The markers do have an odor (don't they all?).  Not as bad as Copics I don’t think.  They have two tips, a medium size pointed tip and a large slanted blunt tip. 
At $23.96 for 10 markers, and a fineline pen, they're a steal.
I decided to combine all my new goodies and create a zentangle.  I’ll be writing more about the Pen & Ink Journal and the Pocket Brush Pen later.   
I used the Fineline marker to put down detail, and then colored in with the Promarkers, and lastly, added darker lines with the Pocket brush.
The Promarkers are markers and that means bleed-through. Well, you know what they say about lemons & lemonade? Well, I say, if markers give you bleed through, make bleedthrumonade...or something like that, anyway.  When I finished the front, I just turned the page and did a zentangle using the colors that had bled through on the back.


Comments

  1. The markers look nice. I haven't gotten into markers yet, because I normally don't like bleed through. But having seen what you've done with it, I must say, I'm starting to think I'm missing an opportunity :D Very cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliment!

    I didn't do markers for that reason myself until a couple of years ago. Then I discovered the Pitt & Tombow brush pens, which have almost no bleed-through and no odor. Having now learned the joy of working with those two brands, I decided it was time to explore further. A whole new world of markers awaits, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I have never played with markers. Here in Brazil is very difficult to find...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Sandra. Not only beautiful work but darned BRILLIANT! Love it, love it, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you both!

    MafĂȘ, the Promarkers are difficult to find here in Oregon (and probably most of the USA), as well, so I bought mine through DickBlick. We have Copics, which are comparable in color, but more expensive. I don't know if I'll buy more, but they may be on my wishlist for Christmas, lol.

    Thank you for all your comments, Christina! I must be keeping you extra busy these days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors are great! I have not tried many Zentangles with color. I need to try again after seeing these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh how awesome! i now have, once again actually, pen lust! :D

    you truly are brilliant btw. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. all of my work tends to be done with permanent pens and so I get quite a bit of bleedthrough if I'm not careful as it is mostly black and white. Unfortunately you can only buy the sets in sixes here in England so I have recently purchased the seasons sets and the greys. I was interested in the cmoic series although again they are only 6 pens so no fineliner. Would a general fine liner be O do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe so. I'm finding that the paper can make a big difference, but I've used Microns, Stabilios, Staedtler Triplus Fineliners, Milleniums and, of course the Letraset Fineliners, both under and over the Promarkers. I get a little more feathering with the water-soluable (Stabilio, Triplus & Letraset) than with the Permanent ink, but only on some papers. I noticed it with the very hard, glossy paper. Other papers were fine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment