Bleedthrumanade Step by Step


Got lemons, make lemonade.  Got marker bleed-thru, make bleedthrumanade.
Ingredients: Letraset Promarkers; Letraset Fineliner 0.5; Faber-Castell Big Brush; White Pentel Sunburst Gel Pen; Micron Pigma .005; Paperblanks Antique Map journal.
I add Yellow to the front --- this shows up on the back

I decided to scan this in step by step in the hopes it will make the process clearer.

I'm using a 5"x7" Paperblanks journal, and Letraset Promarkers , but any markers/pens that bleed through to the back, and paper thin enough to allow the bleed-thru will work.  I added the 
From some of the questions I'm getting, I think people believe this is harder than it really is, so I've done a step by step that I hope will make the process clearer.

I add Purple to the front --- this shows up on the back
At no time, do I directly add color to the back of the page. All the color that shows on the back is what bleeds through from the front.  I didn't use a blender this time.  The blender wets the page more, and usually increases the amount of color that bleeds through to the back.








I add Blue to the front --- this is shows at the back
As I add each color, I overlap so that I create additional colors- green and brown, in this case.  Note how the overlap differs from front to back.  I added more blue to purple because I know I'll want it to be a bubble.  The extra blue doesn't show through much on the back.

I also change the way I apply the color.  With some of the blue, I made one stroke starting from the top and sweeping down.  In other areas I colored in a circular motion, overlapping my strokes so the color would be heavier.  You get a different effect on the back depending on how the color goes down.

Now I draw a string with the Letraset Fineliner (any black pen that doesn't bleed-thru will do).   I didn't show the back here because nothing changed.

I chose to follow the shapes of the color for my string, but not the exact outlines.  I did end up giving the small purple area it's own tangle, but I just tangled over the yellow green as though it wasn't there.

Unfortunately, I forgot to scan the string I did on the back before I started tangling, but I followed the outline of the color more strictly.


I' think this is long enough, and I discussed the difference in pens and tangles yesterday, so I'll leave you with the finished products--bleedthrumanade for the second Friday in June.


Please feel free to ask any questions, but I'm more likely to answer if you leave them at my Wordpress blog, since Blogger doesn't always allow me leave comments.





Comments

  1. This one - these 2 are awesome! Thanks for the step-by-step, very helpful - molly z.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment