© All images and text remain the copyright of Sandra Kay Strait.

Feel free to print, share or use my tangle patterns. However, you may not alter or use any other images in this blog without express permission from myself.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Color pencil Drawing of My brother's Dog, Ma

I almost didn't post this.  I don't like it.

It's an example of why I don't care to do representational art these days.  My brother's dog died last year, and I've been trying off and on since then to do a drawing of her.  His family like a Gaughin sort of style, so I was attempting to come up with something very faithful to the dog, that captured the flavor of a Gaughin.

I don't like what I came up with, but I think they will, so I'm going to stop at this one.  Sometimes you just have to stop with what you've got, lol!

It was done with Lyra Rembrandt colored pencils on Strathmore colored art paper (a medium green color). 

1 comment:

  1. You may not like it, but I do and I know they'll appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete