After doing this exercise, I was again impressed with the fact that I need to get a feel for the concentration--the amount of water to the amount of paint--in my mixes. I decided to play with that. No exercises from anywhere, I just did a zentangle. Each section was a different color, and I tried to get at least three values just by adding more water. I had a lot of fun with this one.
Lastly, at about midnight, half asleep, lol, I decided to satisfy my curiousity about how well I could mix up flesh tones using the Koi colors in my kit. Did a 15 minute sketch--poor girl. She has different size eyes! But it looks like I'll be able to do portraits with this kit if I wish.