© All images and text remain the copyright of Sandra Kay Strait.

Feel free to print, share or use my tangle patterns. However, you may not alter or use any other images in this blog without express permission from myself.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, August 25, 2011

More about Daniel Smith's granulating watercolor


In my review of the Daniel Smith California Quail Watercolor Triad I mentioned that I didn't get the granulation effect that I noticed in their example.
I received a response from Daniel Smith Art explaining how to get that effect.  I thought I'd share with you...
Hi Sandra! Thank you for the good review of our CA Quail Triad! Glad the timing was so fortuitous! : ) You are right about the granulation, it's more pronounced when lots of water is used, that allows the mineral granuals to move and collect better. I always encourage people to paint the same line drawing multiple times to learn different ways of color mixing the Traid, glazing, etc to see the different effects, it's a great exercise to learn & experience those colors - then try mixing those colors with your palette colors!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on winning Wiccababes Blogaversary Candy!

    ReplyDelete