Bleedthrumanade from Both Sides Now

What a mess.  Normally, a bleedthrumanade means I color one side of a journal page with my Letraset Promarkers. I tangle on that side of the page. Then I turn the page and tangle on whatever color bled through to the other side.  Sometimes, to spice things up, I'll add more color on one or both sides with a non-bleedthru pen like the Faber-Castell Big Brush.

Well, I've been doing the insomnia thing again, my old friend Arthritis keeping me tossing and turning.  In the morning, I'd colored a journal page and then had to leave. That night, about 03:00 A.M., I gave up on sleep.  I knew I was too woozy to tangle, so I decided to color up a few pages in my journal.  Easy, right?  Just grab a Promarker and scrawl across the page.  Repeat with other Promarker colors until the page is done.  

Let me say in my own defense that I had the lights on low.  Some of my Promarkers are running low on ink, and my new ones haven't arrived, so I grabbed colors that I don't often use.  Dark, opaque colors instead of the transparent, bright or pastel colors I use most.  Maybe that's why I didn't notice there was already color on the page.  Bleedthru from what I'd done earlier that day.  *sigh*

About half way through the page, I noticed that something was off.  What an odd feeling it is when you realize you've missed the obvious.  How can you miss a page full of color?  Sleep-bleedthrumanading?  I can only say I have this power--this amazing power--that allows me to occasionally do strange and wonderful things.

Only not so wonderful this time.  The dark blues, greens and reds didn't go so well with the lavendars and orchids I had on the front, and I ended up with a rather drab olive.

There is little that bubbles can't save though--so bubbles it was.  Later, though.  After I'd managed to get some sleep.




Comments

  1. Your bubbles are beautiful! Sorry about the achey sleep or lack of it but something positive came out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abolutely beautiful! As is all your art!
    Funny how we use our favorite colors or designs over and over, sometimes completely unaware that we are. I love both of these but especially the colors!
    Great job! I am so envious of your talent! (but in a good way..it just makes me try harder!)
    Thank you for your blog!
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful again! The 2nd one is gorgeous, greetz, Miranda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment