Search This Blog


Saturday, October 22, 2011

I'm a member of the Creative Paperclay® Design Team!

If you follow my blog, you've most likely noticed that I've been posting links to Creative Paperclay® projects, and have posted a project or two of my own.  I love this product--it's easy to handle, and it air-dries. A novice can learn to use it quickly, and an expert can make it sing!  It's perfect for an experimenter like myself.
 When the call for a design team went out last month, I was intrigued. I've never been on a design team before, and had been wondering what it was all about.  I'd been talking with Terri Sproul, the Design team co-ordinator, and she encouraged me to try out.

I did, and I was accepted.  I'm so excited to begin this new adventure.

Do all you know me?  I'd like to think so, lol, but I should introduce myself.  My name is Sandra Strait, but my online persona is Molossus.  That's an obsolete term for a big dog (such as my two boys (gone, alas) who were mastiffs, weighing in around 250 lbs)  It's also a term for certain kinds of snakes, bats and a metrical foot used in formal poetry.  I deny any relationship with snakes or bats, but I am a poet, if doggerel counts.

For a couple of years now, I've focused mostly on zentangle, a method of drawing designs in a way that makes complex patterns simple, and helps put you in a zen-like state.  I do bleedthrumanades (got lemons, make lemonade, got marker bleed-thru, make bleedthrumanades), and I've recently started exploring watercolor triads. I've done a little writing, a little crocheting and I've had some kind of pen or pencil in my hand for most of my waking hours.  Some of the sleeping ones too--I do my best art when I'm sleeping.  If only I could figure out how to keep those dreams from fading once I wake!
I like to experiment and am not afraid to make mistakes.  One of my joys in life is figuring out how to 'save' a mistake, and I like to share those experiences.  

I'm looking forward to sharing my paperclay experiences over the next six months!

Check out the Creative Paperclay® blog to learn who my design team-mates are, and for lots of information about Creative Paperclay®.  You can also find lots of tutorials and tips at the Creative Paperclay®  website.