© All images and text remain the copyright of Sandra Kay Strait.

Feel free to print, share or use my tangle patterns. However, you may not alter or use any other images in this blog without express permission from myself.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mis?Adventures in Watercolor-Self Portrait in California Quail

While I was playing around with the colors from Daniel Smith's California Quail triad, I suspected that they would be good colors for portrait. They are very versatile colors.

I've thought about painting a self portrait for a while, and decided to give it a whirl.

Way back when, some 35 years ago or so, I painted portraits in oils.  I was surprised how easily the skill came back.  But what you have here is essentially an oil-painting done using watercolors, lol!

I'm not unhappy with it, but I want to do more watercolory things!

Colors: Lunar Blue, Quinacridone Burnt Orange and French Ochre.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is great Sandra! Obviously your skills with oil are pretty amazing too.

    ReplyDelete