© All images and text remain the copyright of Sandra Kay Strait.

Feel free to print, share or use my tangle patterns. Credit is not necessary, but you may not copy & claim the step outs as your own. You may not alter or use any other images in this blog without express permission from myself.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Thank you to Oprah Winfrey and a Review of her LifeClass Journal

Back in October, Oprah Winfrey did a series of LifeClass webcasts.  As part of that, she gave away a million LifeClass journals for free.  (Unfortunately, I don't think they are still available.

Production issues delayed the delivery of the journals and I just received mine today.  I have to tell that I am impressed.  It's a nice little journal.  And with articles in the news asking if hand-writing is a thing of the past, and whether it should be dropped from school curriculums, I want to thank Oprah for encouraging a million people to start journaling by hand.



The journal is 5 x 7 inches with an elastic band to hold it closed, a ribbon marker, and pocket in the back.  It's extremely light but well-made.  The only flaw I saw with mine, was a bulge in the back by the pocket--I think something got under the paper before it was glued.

It isn't large enough to disturb my writing, or noticeable enough to keep pulling my eye.

The cover is a rustic brown and the paper is ivory with gray-brown lines.  It's thin, but of decent quality.   It has a nicely sewn binding.  The thread is not visible, and the journal lies flat.  Even when open at the center, the pages stay open without being held down.



I tried several different pens and had no bleed-through.  There is some shadowing, but it wasn't excessive.  If you take care with the pen you choose, the shadowing should not be an issue.  (The Diamine Chocolate Brown I have in my Lamy Safari was made for this journal.  It's a perfect complement for the color scheme!)



The front fly-leaf has information about Oprah's OWN channel, and a message from Oprah.

I have no doubt that Oprah's Lifeclass webcasts helped many people, but for these journals alone, I believe she has done great service in keeping alive the act of journaling by hand.  For that--Thank you, Oprah!

2 comments:

  1. I just got mine this past Saturday...and I totally agree-they ARE wonderful!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw that she was giving these away I signed up using two addresses because I knew they would be quality and I happen to journal everything. Thanks Oprah!

    ReplyDelete