© All images and text remain the copyright of Sandra Kay Strait.

Feel free to print, share or use my tangle patterns. However, you may not alter or use any other images in this blog without express permission from myself.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, April 30, 2012

Bleedthrumanade with Telstar and Scrubbing Bubbles

I started this bleedthrumanade way back in February, and then set it aside to work on reviews and design team stuff.  I had totally forgotten about it until I was digging through my journals and sketchbooks.  (for those of you unfamiliar with bleedthrumanades--got lemons, make lemonade.  Got marker bleedthru, make bleedthrumanade.  In other words, I color a page with alcohol markers.  The color bleeds through and shows on the back.  When I've finished drawing on the front, I turn the paper over and draw on the back, using the same color base).

There's no ifs ands or buts--Copics and Rhodia paper are made for each other.  This was done in a Rhodia 'R' pad.  Even on the ivory paper the marker color is brilliant.

Telstar--Bleedthrumanade front
Scrubbing Bubbles & the Broom-Bleedthrumanade back


1 comment:

  1. i love the color and the deisgn, i like this idea! i have the same bleed through problem when i use my aqua markers - and i love the markers and want to use them - i'll have to try your bleedthrumanade technique :) (did i spell that right?)

    ReplyDelete