15 minute Birthday Card

I missed my mother's 89th birthday.  I had to travel to North Carolina for a seminar that week, so I made this really cool fancy birthday card to help make up for it.  The day I had to leave, I went to get it so I could give it to her.

No card to be found.  I searched and searched and finally found it...under my coffee cup, where it had been liberally splashed with coffee.  *sigh*

Well, I had to give her something!  I remembered some paper teacups I had cut from scrapbook paper using templates from the April 2012 issue of '102 Cards to Make Papercraft Inspirations' magazine.  I grabbed some Kromecote cardstock, a VLVS! stamp from plate 1427; one that looked like a mat,a miracle sheet, and Distress Markers.


A little cutting, stamping and scribbling and her card was ready within 15 minutes.  Good thing, because that's all the time I had!  Mom was quite pleased with it (though she woulda liked that fancy card better--I know it!).


It's a good thing to have these kind of things on hand!  Consider keeping on hand an envelope full of cut-out shapes, and stamps that can be used in a variety of ways, as well as pieces of cardstock.  I like the Kromecote.  It makes me think of photograph paper, and normally I'd use it in another way.  But the way marker goes on added texture without effort, and the sheen made the card look fancier than it was.  A little self-made kit like this can be a life-saver.


Viva Las Vegastamps! has stamps for every occasion! http://www.vivalasvegastamps.com/





Comments

  1. I really like that 15-minute card, Sandy. Homemade cards are just so cool, and I don't understand folks that think they're just a cheap and tacky way to get out of buying a "real" card. The homemade cards have so much time(usually...snicker)and love in them. That makes them so much nicer than store-boughten ones. Joyce

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment