Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Art done to Joe Rotella Chipboard albums

Whew!  What a summer!  Waaay back at the beginning of August I won a package of Joe Rotella's Want2Scrap chipboard line from the fantastic Shirley Wheeler.  I received:

Three chipboard albums
Leaf Album 

What's Cooking?
Ocean Album

Three Chipboard Embellishment packs

Card Size Retro Christmas Ornaments
Pulley and Hardware
Retro Birds



My prize has been sitting in a bag next to my chair, while I cast longing eyes upon it, but I had to wait until while I kept up with other commitments.

Finally, my friend Robin and I had a crafting day.  I gave her one of the albums to do and I did another.

I did the Leaf Album.  I apologize for the poor photography.  These pieces were too large for the scanner, and the shiny paint I used made it difficult to get a good photo.


I had this nice cobwebby stuff from the Dollar Store that made me think of moss hanging from trees.  I thought it went well with the album.  For the first leaf, front and back, I decoupaged pieces from old magazine pages onto the chipboard, and then glazed it with acrylic paint.  I went to town with some Zentangle®-Inspired Artwork and finished up by gluing on chipboard bird and egg embellishments onto the front side.


For these next two leaves and acorn I used a Gelli Plates, a square that looks and feels like a slab of over-hardened jello.  You smear it with paint, lay down a stencil or stamp images, then press your paper, or in this case, chipboard into the paint.  Then you repeat with other colors and stencils/stamps until you have the textured look you want.

I used stickers and stencils and stamped images both before and after the Gelli Plates and finished up with Zentangle-Inspired art.




I departed from the Gelli Plates for the back, using a brush to apply acrylic paint, and then using a piece of corrugated card as a stamp.  For the front, I glued bits of punchella to simulate a nest, then painted up and added chipboard bird & egg embellishments.  On the back I glued on some text sentiments.
    

What fun!

Robin allowed me to photograh her album as well and gave me a quick rundown of her processes.  She did a fabulous job!  I was able to get better photos too (though for some reason I can't post them larger).  She did the What's Cooking? mixed media album.

I'm not positive which process goes with which page (she got much more creative than I did!) so I'll just list them: Stamping,  Markers/Pen, Ink,Collage, Sewing, Walnut Ink Spatter, Found objects, ATC sketches, Used Plastic Pieces as Templates, Gelli Plate Prints, Wallpaper, Beads, Decoupage with PVA=Glue .









I still have the Ocean Album to do, but that will be another post!