Round 09 Page 03-Rhodia Journal Swap

Since another of my favorite things is using rubber stamps that were made based on my artwork, I decided to incorporate that with more subtle use of negative space--so subtle that it almost didn't work as a resist, lol.

The Marvy La Plume markers I used for the *bleedthrumanade on the right colored the matte medium I used for stamping.  I had expected the color to wipe off, but had to use a blender pen to even lighten it.  Lesson learned!  Alcohol markers will color matte medium even though it's a resist for acrylic paints--or is supposed to be!


*Bleedthrumanade--Got lemons? Make lemonade.  Got marker bleed-thru? Make bleedthrumanades!  Alcohol markers bleed through most paper and you get color on both the front and the back.  While this bothers most people, I decided to make use of it.  I color one side of the page and draw on it, then turn the page and use the same color for a second drawing--a bleedthrumanade.

Tomorrow's post will show how I used the same color base from this page to do a completely different piece of Zentangle®-Inspired work.

See what other the other 12 swappers are doing in their journal at the Rhodia Journal Swap on Tumblr.

Comments