I used some quick and easy distress techniques on this tags. It's a good one for those times when time is a factor.
Stamp Used: Viva Las Vegastamps! Steampunk Tophat Lady : Item 18829 Plate 1421
#8 Tag (6¼" x 3-1/8") made with Kraft paper
Inkpads: Ranger Archival black, Tim Holtz Distress-Vintage Photo
Pilot FriXion Color-Pencil-Like Erasable Gel Ink Pens: Black, Mountain Yellow, Red, Light Blue, Gray
Pentel White Sunburst Gel Pen
Exacto knife or paper distresser
- Hold tag up and use exacto knife or paper distresser along the edges of the tag to roughen.
- Rub sponge across the Vintage Photo inkpad, and apply to tag, starting at the corners and working inward. Repeat along the edges. Make some areas darker than others and leave the central area of the tag untouched, so you get a sort of glow.
- Crumple the tag in your hand and straighten back out. If you want deep creases, fold at diagonal in 2 or 3 places.
- Stamp image with Archival black.
- Color with FriXion pens: Mountain yellow for hair; Red for hat and vest; Light Blue for dress, Gray for gears.
- Use white sunburst pen to color sleeve and add highlights. Add white curls to hair and let dry for 10-15 minutes. Then go over white curls with Mountain Yellow.
- Use FriXion Black and draw Zentangle-Inspired Art around the stamped image. I used patterns Bales, Knightsbridge, and Hibred. The rest I just pulled out of my head without reference.
And there you go--a quick and easy tag.
Visit the VLVS! Store for all your stamping needs and the VLVS! Blog for new projects and news every day. Follow VLVS! as the VLVS! Forum - VLVS! FB - VLVS! Pinterest - VLVS! Twitter.